Mission and Ethos
Our mission is to provide all our young learners with a strong foundation of values, knowledge and skills so that they feel valued and supported, inspired to achieve their potential, and fully prepared for secondary school and the wider world.
We aim to help our children, with the co-operation of their parents, to:
- develop into happy and confident individuals with a secure foundation in learning and a lifelong love of learning;
- develop lively and enquiring minds through the acquisition of knowledge, understanding and skills;
- establish a command of the subjects contained in the National Curriculum.
- value and understand religious and moral beliefs, developing a wide respect for the views, cultures and beliefs of others.
- gain an understanding of our local community and the wider world with regard for our mutual dependence on others as individuals, groups and nations.
- appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
- an inclusive school culture where all learners thrive and are valued, sharing a rich curriculum and knowing they have the freedom to be themselves.
- an educational philosophy that pursues excellence for everyone to be the best they can be.
- a welcoming environment, both indoors and outdoors, in which learners they can enjoy developing their mental and physical abilities.
- whole school and individual staff professional development which ensures the highest quality of teaching and learning.
- opportunities to work with other children and adults in a friendly atmosphere and so develop social skills in co-operating with each other.
- The Discovery List of learning experiences which develops each child’s cultural capital and nurtures wider social, moral, spiritual and cultural education.
We collaborate on a wider level
- by working with the seven other primary schools in The Greenshaw Learning Trust, and local community schools, to raise mutual and national standards in education through sharing good practice.
- take an active role in new teacher development by training trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers.
GREENSHAW LEARNING TRUST MISSION STATEMENT
We are ambitious for our schools and their students. We believe that there is no ceiling on what can be achieved by anyone, regardless of their circumstances or background.
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment, giving every young person the opportunity to fulfil their potential now, and in the future.
We seek to realise the power of individuals and organisations working together in collaboration whilst retaining their individuality, and we recognise that we can always improve.