Skip to content ↓

Wildmoor Heath School

School History

 

 

 

Our school was originally built in 1863, when Broadmoor Hospital was built, to a design by the famous architect Joshua Jebb.  The school was built for the children of hospital staff who worked at Broadmoor Hospital. It opened to just eighteen children.

 

The school's modern crest reflects its historical associations (the Tudor rose - still to be seen carved on the wall of the original schoolmaster's house), the village of Crowthorne (the crow on the thorn bush) and the Royal County of Berkshire (the crown and two lions).